 Local / United Kingdom / 1615
Re: UK to US money transfers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:08:58 GMT

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, dakershaw (<FKB9Bx.Mq1@lugnet.com>) wrote at
11:31:09

I have to get a small sum of money over to the US after winning an e-bay
auction.
I had thought that International Money Orders still existed but the Post
Office insist that they are no longer available, and they won't insure a
letter with dollar notes in.
Any advice on how to get $12 over quickly and safely.

IMOs do exist. I use them all the time. But until recently, I worked for
a bank, so it was easy. I believe they cost GBP7.50.

For $12, I'd just send it in  a letter, with enough sheets of paper so
that the money can't be seen through the envelope. Although Todd's just
suggested wrapping it in foil in a thread somewhere else, which sounds
like a good idea.

Many thanks in anticipation

Alan Kershaw

--