 Local / United Kingdom / 138
Re: 1999 sets have landed! :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:15:25 GMT

Huw Millington writes:
It was no use. I couldn't wait. I bunked off work (in Crawley) and went over
this morning!

If only!  Got too much to do to allow me to do that.  But lunchtime is
approaching fast...

They had all last years US Ninja sets, 4 small Adventurers 5901, 5906, 5936
and 5956, the airship, which doubles as a storage canister, all (as far as I
could tell) Space Port sets, and as you say, some small Town sets. Technic
wise they has 8219 (which I got from New Zealand last year) and 8251, the
yellow bike.

Now you mention it I remember the airship but as I wasn't au-faix with the
Adventurers range wasn't sure if it was new.  Will have to give teh Technics
stuff another once over though.

No Slizers, sadly.

Not particularly interested in those or are you thinking Mindstorms bits?

I bought the the 4 adventurers sets, a couple of small space port, in
particular the cool looking 6457 astronaut, and the 8251.

What with the shuttle yesterday and teh fortress today I think I'm going to
have to show some constraint. :-)

The was a catalogue inside the 5956, but it was the 1998 one!!!!

Bummer. :-(  I'll report back on my lick later.

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford
neil@binky.demon.co.uk