 Local / United Kingdom / 1284
Re: North-west LEGOFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 22:48:32 GMT

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Carbon 60 (<FIu7yI.BJx@lugnet.com>) wrote at
20:08:42

Remember the third millennium doesn't start until Jan 1st 2001 :-)  I'm sure
we'll get at least 3 LEGOFests in before then.

Well, I know this hasn't happened to you yet, but most people get upset
about their 30th, 40th, etc. birthdays. Not their 31st, 41st etc.

Given that there's at least 4 years uncertainty, and everyone else will
be celebrating this January, although I agree with you, I'm going with
the flow on this one :-)

Accommodation:
During the day, the house will be a Total Lego Zone. It's a modest 3 bed
detached, so there's a reasonable amount of space. Certainly enough for
a train layout, or maybe a pirate quay and a space port?

I could bring my entire Unitron fleet if necessary.

I think so. :-)

Well the Town Hall in Redditch charges £75 for their function room for the
entire day - you can even have the bar opened up - I don't think there is
enough people for use of a Town Hall ... yet (I'm thinking of the size of the
train layout :-))

Looks like you're hosting the Spring one, then :-)

Have I covered everything?
Please let me know if you can come, and which date is best. And any
suggestions for activities, or a theme will be gratefully received.

I suppose we could have some more building with LEGO which didn't happen too
much at the Southern LEGOFest - apart from you and your table of course :-)

This is an excellent idea. We might be struggling for space a bit, if
lots of people turn up, but it's definitely in the programme.

So far, the 27th of November is looking like my favoured date, as it
appears that everyone who's expressed an interest can make it. This is
still flexible at the moment, though.

Any more for any more?
--
Tony Priestman