 Local / United Kingdom / 1268
1267  |  1269
Subject:
North-west Fest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 22:07:21 GMT

OK, it's taken me a while to get organised, but here it is: probably the
last Legofest of the millennium.

Venue:  my house, just outside Sandbach, Cheshire. About 2 miles from
        J17 on the M6, OS grid ref. SJ 746 594, or there abouts.

Date:   currently a choice of two. Either the 27th of November (my
        preference) or the 11th of December. I think the December date
        may be more difficult, because of the inevitable Christmas
        parties.

Time:   from sunrise on the Saturday, until everyone goes to bed.

Format: the same as the Southern Legofest, which was a great success :-)

Accommodation:

During the day, the house will be a Total Lego Zone. It's a modest 3 bed
detached, so there's a reasonable amount of space. Certainly enough for
a train layout, or maybe a pirate quay and a space port?

For sleeping over, there's a comfy sofabed downstairs and a spare single
upstairs, with space for at least four on the floor scattered about the
place.

There's also a small hotel in the village, which has rooms priced at
between £30-40 for single occupancy, or £60 for double/twin on Fridays
and Saturdays. I was toying with the idea of hiring their function room,
until they discovered that I wanted it on a Saturday. They use it for a
restaurant in the evenings, apparently :(

Jon's already volunteered to cook breakfast, so I know I'll be there!

Have I covered everything?

Please let me know if you can come, and which date is best. And any
suggestions for activities, or a theme will be gratefully received.

--
Tony Priestman