 Local / United Kingdom / 1192
Re: Southern UK LEGOfest - 18 September
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 16:34:33 GMT

Huw Millington wrote:

http://come.to/LEGOfest .
For me, add:
[snip]

Wanted: catalogues earlier than 1989

I've got the set from 85-89 in varying condition (87 is most ropey) but
I like them too much. On the other hand, I've overspent on Lego a bit
this month (5561 and 5571- ouch!), so maybe, just maybe...

http://nt1.pncl.co.uk/huw/search.asp?set=4541

Isn't this a US set? I like the look of it personally despite not being
a trains person. Do you have a couple or just one? What's the easiest/
best/ cheapest [1] way of getting US sets? Does factoring help? Does
anybody mind all these questions?

Is it too late to declare an interest? I'm still not sure if I can make
it, but it shouldn't be too tricky if I decide to- and it *does* look
like fun. Especially the TRU[2]/Bluewater outing.

I'm afraid I couldn't bring much Lego itself, being another non driver.
Although I should sort my pre-80's box at some point, and this might be
the incentive. Catalogues aren't heavy anyway.

:: paul

[1] I assume some of these are exclusive?
[2] TRU Norwich opens on Thursday 16th, in case anyone else is lurking
from these parts. No sign of opening offers though, boo hiss.