 Local / Singapura / *61 (-20)
  GBC in the Classroom

We've just had our first LEGO Engineering Conference in Singapore with Prof Chris Rogers as the Keynote speaker. (URL) other things I had the opportunity to give three presentations, of which my favourite is the one on "GBC - A Fun Way to Learn (...) (17 years ago, 24-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.loc.sg)

  LEGO documentary on TV this Saturday (Hong Kong)

Hi, everyone... A documentary called "Lovemarks-LEGO" will be broadcast for the first time this weekend. I was originally told it was going to be a full-length film about people's passions towards brands like LEGO, IKEA, Starbucks (etc), but it (...) (18 years ago, 27-Sep-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.hk, lugnet.loc.cn, lugnet.loc.tw, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.sg, FTX)

  NJRC 2006 - Robots to go into water

This year’s National Junior Robotics Competition (NJRC) 2006 is more exciting than ever. The organizers at the Singapore Science Centre has set some devilish missions including one that requires your robot to literally go into water. To a depth of 5 (...) (18 years ago, 21-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.sg)

  Debut of NXT robot in a Singapore robotics competition

Among other types of robots, Telok Kurau Secondary School fielded an autonomous NXT robot in the finals of the East Zone Robotics Challenge 2006 which was held at the East Zone Science Carnival @ Victoria Junior College on 21 Jul 2006. The NXT robot (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.loc.sg, FTX)

  Mitchel Resnick & NXT were here

Finally got a chance to have a closeup look at the much talked about Mindstorms NXT when Prof Mitchel Resnick (of MIT Media Lab) was here for the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education (LME) NXT Regional Pre-Launch at the Singapore Science Centre. (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.sg)

  Presentation on Vignettes

Hi, I did a brief presentation on Vignettes for my club recently and felt that it would be good to share this with everyone. (URL) Enjoy! =) (19 years ago, 29-Oct-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.loc.sg, FTX)

  Re: Welcome Home,Daddy!

Very nice, and for a good cause too. As far as critiques go, I have none, except for the photography. Flash + Lego = Pain. Try turning off the flash and using natural light, or reflecting the flash off of a surface (ala those people that come and (...) (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.loc.sg, FTX)

  Re: The LEGO Colosseum Project

(...) Hi Erik, I'm not too sure about that because I was too busy building =P, but I managed to get an answer from our designer who happens to be a trained architect =) "There were no special techniques required, but I first counted and measure the (...) (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.sg, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Welcome Home,Daddy!

Hi all, Here is my first vignette attempt. Not much, but I hope you all will like it . The purpose of this MOC is to commemorate the Yellow Ribbon Project launched in Singapore this month. (3 URLs) (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.loc.sg, FTX)

  Re: The LEGO Colosseum Project

(...) That is nice! Were there any special techniques used to build the curves? It does look like regular square grid - and large enough to be smooth. -Erik (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.sg, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events, FTX)

  The LEGO Colosseum Project

Hello LEGO fans, Last weekend, members from a Singapore Lego Fan Group, S0937FG, came together to recreate 2 quarants of the Roman Colosseum out of LEGO bricks. The installation was done on-site in the Asian Civilisation Museum(ACM),Singapore.The (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.sg, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  Re: Out of the shadows....finally

(...) Thank You Stefan! Just to share a little bit more on the vehicle...It is officially known as the Light Fire Attack Vehicle (LFAV) [or more affectionately- the Red Rhino, because it looks like one :P].A locally designed vehicle,it's just a (...) (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.loc.sg)

  Re: Out of the shadows....finally

Welcome! Snazzy fire truck. :D -Stefan- (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.loc.sg)

  Out of the shadows....finally

Hi everyone, Been lurking around LUGNET for ages and it's high time that I "de-lurked" so here goes...I am 19 year old LEGO fan (yup, I'm over 18 but I'm still a teen at heart.=D ) staying in Singapore. My current specific LEGO interest are Town (...) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.loc.sg)

  Re: Searching for Larry Pieniazek!!!!

(...) And what better place to cool off ;-) Oh, he's getting used to the weather (temp 31 deg C). Attired in T-shirt, shorts and sandals he's better dressed than us locals. He's getting quite adept with a pair of chopsticks, refusing to use fork and (...) (19 years ago, 9-Mar-05, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.sg, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.org.us.cedarlug, FTX)

  Re: Searching for Larry Pieniazek!!!!

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@...e.DOT.com> schreef in bericht news:ICpFoy.17Ir@lugnet.com... (...) Cool! So this is why you went to Singapore! Damn Lar, Janey said you lived like a king and she was right! Jeroen (19 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.sg, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.org.us.cedarlug)

  Re: Searching for Larry Pieniazek!!!!

(...) Oh, ok. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to add annotations to the pics in Brickshelf. So, if you'll look at the last (group) pic: the one in front is Daniel. In the back row, from left to right: LP, CS, Eddie, Jomain and Wee Yeh. You (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.sg, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.org.us.cedarlug)

  Re: Searching for Larry Pieniazek!!!!

(...) I know who Larry is (how could I not?). I wanted to know who the others were :-) -Orion (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.sg, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.org.us.cedarlug, FTX)

  Re: Searching for Larry Pieniazek!!!!

(...) He's the happy looking one in (URL) this pic>:-) JOHN (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.sg, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.org.us.cedarlug, FTX)

  Re: Searching for Larry Pieniazek!!!!

(...) Who's who in the pictures? I'm one of those people that's curious what the face is like behind the name. -Orion (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.sg, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.org.us.cedarlug, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact