 Local / Sverige / 36
35  |  37
Subject:
New version of BlockCAD released - 1.8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.loc.se
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:01:46 GMT

Hello all!

I have released a new version of my Lego drawing program BlockCAD.
http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/proglego.htm

New in 1.8 is:

- A bunch of new pieces
- A rudimentary 'step' facility (for building instructions), needs work.
- A lot of small fixes etc.

BlockCAD is a simple 'click and put' Lego drawing program. It has it's
limitations, but it's easy (intuitive?) to begin with.

The main limitations are:

Studs up only, 90 degrees rotation only, cannot handle complex (concave)
pieces.

On the positive side we have:

No obvious limits on the number of pieces in a model (OK, when you have 2000+
pieces, rotations are a bit slow, but it's still usable)

It can export a model in LDraw format. This makes BC a good way to start a
LDraw project - do as much as possible in BC, then export to LDraw and finish
it up.

Built-in piece editor (not very easy to use, but it's there)

You can save a model, or a picture (.bmp) of it, or print it out.

You can use any .bmp as background in BC. By taking a picture of a model, then
using this as a background, adding another model, you can make nice scenes.

(OK, I'll shut up now...)

Happy building,
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden