 CAD / 2357
Re: New version of BlockCAD released - 1.8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 18:42:00 GMT

John VanZwieten skrev i meddelandet ...

I finally checked this out, and I like it.  It's a much
faster way to get the studs-up parts of your LDraw project
started.

If you're really going to use it, then you should learn about subassemblies,
and piece selection/duplication too. You can select any number of pieces, and
move or clone them. Build one floor of the house, and the rest comes on in
seconds! (Example: http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/pict/castle3.jpg)

I'm also going to test this out on my kids, who don't have
quite enough patience to use LEdit.

My boys (12 and 9) like it, but of course they have been part of the
development/test team.

1.  The exit door should have some sort of "do you really
want to leave?" box pop up.  Otherwise it's an accident waiting to happen.

OK, I'll fix that...

2.  I had considerable trouble placing minifig arms on the
torso.  They usually were placed above the torso.  Was I doing
something wrong?  Any suggestions?

The easiest way to place them correctly is to select the 'above' view, and put
the arms right in X and Y (sorry for using a different coordinate system than
LDRAW).

Then select the arms (just left-click them), select a side view, and open the
Options - Advanced toolbox. Now you can adjust the position, of the selected
pieces, in Z with the Z-up/down button. Easy as 1-2-3.
(Can you guess why the minifigs were the first 'combos' I added to the program
:-)

Anyway, nice program

Thanks!

(In the works: BC 2.0, where you will be able to place pieces _between_
studs too, no additional rotations though)

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm