 Local / Sverige / 1196
Re: Invitation to LEGO fest, Sweden, Ludvika. 13th December
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 20:48:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.se, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
In lugnet.loc.se, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
- Contest; Build a bridge. The bridge will be supported by two objects with a
1000 mm span. The bridge has to hold a tin can (chopped tomatoes, 400 gr) in
the middle. Build it at home and bring the pieces. No brick may be longer then
eight (8) studs and the can must be placed on the center of the bridge. The
bridge with the least amount of pieces wins! No glue :)

As an innocent bystander, may I point out to you that according to your set
of rules technic bricks of maximum 8 studs length are not excluded, so that
under current regulation it would be legitimate to build a framework using
these. Is this in line with the 'spirit' of your contest ?

The winner is the one that uses the least amount of bricks/parts. No parts
may be longer (or wider for that matter) then eight studs. Thus, no 1 x 16
beams are allowed and connecting 1 x 8 beams requires at least one friction
pin per beam (if the beams are layed on their side). Thus, two parts are
needed for each "section" and those are overlaping by two studs. I think
(and know) there are ways to use less parts then that. I wont say too much
since it's a competition and I don't want everyone to use the same
construction :)

So, anything goes as long as it's non-edited, non-glued LEGO.

Still, thanks for your time and ponerding. It's always better if two think
on the same problem :)

A hint to the contendees is that this sort of competition has been done
before and it's available on the net. I hope no one posts a URL to the site
before the competition has ended to keep the gears turning per see. I will
give credit when the time has come for that *promise*

Best,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)