 Local / Portugal / 258
Re: 1st PLUGfest, held in Oporto - March 17, 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.pt
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:51:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.pt, Pedro Silva writes:
PLUG has finally managed to organize its first meeting. It was probably *the
fastest one* in History (one morning), but was very cool!

That is great news, you Plugs. Congratulations, you've managed to overcome
the first hurdle, an important step on the long road to nation-wide fame.
As far as I could tell from the pictures, it's not bad for only four
persons. Currendly I can't get my video-card settings at a propper
resolution, and I'm a bit tired, so I don't comment your contributions
individualy. I liked the detailed report describing the activities that took
place during the meeting.

Important decisions were discussed: we have established a small prize, which
will be given in the next meeting. Now we only need the competition! Hints,
please! :-P

In this stadium I would suggest a "best idea for promoting the club localy"
contest :-) Give yourself some time until you are realy confident about the
items you're able to show, then start, in addition to (or in connection
with) your normal club meetings, planning small activities that give your
club some exposure to the general public, to catch the attention of
potential new members.

Zé Pedro was unable to attend, but he lent me his LEGO so that I could start
building an articulated bridge for the train - I'm working on it now! If all
goes according to plan, I'll be displaying it on our next meeting, scheduled
for August (you are ALL invited to come).

Be carefull with that ALL, you might attract international visitors. Can you
deal with hosting these already ? :-)

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.