 Local / Portugal / 257
256  |  258
Subject:
1st PLUGfest, held in Oporto - March 17, 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.pt
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 22:26:37 GMT

Hi all!

PLUG has finally managed to organize its first meeting. It was probably *the
fastest one* in History (one morning), but was very cool!
Here are some of the pics (more will soon be uploaded):

We were unable to do everything we had initially planned, but there was a
lot of fun when we assembled an experimental railway line on the floor. The
3 locos on the line kept derailing in one of the curves, and eventualy it
led to a massive amount of cars piled right after that curve... :-D
Anyway, some of my tryouts with electric switches did not work. Too bad...

MOCs were displayed. I had the chance to see Luís' ship, which is *massive*
and sooo sweet!... There is a lot of detail inside, as you can check on his
brickshelf folder.
I took some small MOCs (I dunno if there will be pictures, a lot of them are
still not on-line), like a small yellow armored communications vehicle and a
AA-tank *in red* (talk about camouflage...)
One of the MOCs I showed is a prototype to a typical house in the south of
Portugal: a "Monte". It is a one-floor house, usually white with red roof.
In our next meeting I'll take the house so that we can make it bigger by then.

Alex brought one ship and his old castle (6073?) - which leads us to the
castle-wars.
We have no pictures of it, since it was held after the Baixinhos had left,
but all I can tell you is that we had a blast when a gasoline truck entered
the castle only to be blown by a flaming arrow... ;-)
There are, however, some images of the castles being assembled: one of the
images has a small peasant I customized with a lot of broken parts. The
castle with the red roofs is a widely modified 6080.

Important decisions were discussed: we have established a small prize, which
will be given in the next meeting. Now we only need the competition! Hints,
please! :-P

Attending the meeting were:

Alexandre Clément (with the funny hair)
Luís Baixinho (with dark jeans)
Pedro Silva (me, with light blue jeans)
Tânia Baixinho (with the pattern-dress)

Zé Pedro was unable to attend, but he lent me his LEGO so that I could start
building an articulated bridge for the train - I'm working on it now! If all
goes according to plan, I'll be displaying it on our next meeting, scheduled
for August (you are ALL invited to come).

Take a look at the pics, and let us know what you think!

Pedro