 Local / Portugal / 115 (-5)
  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) No, this is a kind of fraud. But the fact that something is illegal is not a justification for every possible sort of remedy that any law enforcement officer can dream up. So while showing up for someone else's test IS fraud, it does not, in (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) off (...) You might not want your parentage known under any circumstance where parentage matters. If you are a mix of ethnicities, one or more of which are discriminated against, you might not want it obvious. If your parent is (in)famous, you (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

Hello Larry, (...) So, you think it would be OK to ... ... send someone else to a college test instead of showing up personally? ... drive with someone else's driver's license? (...) So, at least one thing works better in Europe than the US ;-) (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) Ok, please point some reasons to me. I may even write a memo to the ID bureau here (no kidding!) if they are irrefutable. (...) a) I can demonstrate my identity through a couple of friends WITH ID if I don't have mine. b) You keep *dental (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) Actually, me too. It is possible in the US to divorce oneself from their SSN, and I have not done that. They make sure it's a gigantic hassle. (...) I could come up with a number of reasons that a person might not want their parentage or (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact