 Local / Nippon / 147
Re: Himeji Castle MOC (soon to be at Brickfest 2001)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.loc.jp
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 19:46:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle.ninja, Kung-Khoon Quah writes:
Decided to release Himeji Castle today instead the day before Brickfest
2001.  What can I say ?  It was always the castle that I wanted to build
with Lego but never could do it justice till now.  I am glad I took my
time (about 3 months and many rebuilds).  There will also be a special
announcement about Himeji at Brickfest - which I am sure some of you
can guess at.

This is probably my most complex roof work to date.  And the interiors were
fun as I got lots of ideas from a question on lugnet.  The half sections
were a challenge at times but allowed me to do a better job on interiors.

The link is http://web.tampabay.rr.com/kkqwebpage/

KK - absolutely brilliant!  I stumbled across your pictures this afternoon
on Brickshelf while uploading some of my own and found them to be
entertaining and educational (as your work has been in the past).  I have a
simmering interest in tackling a Japanese castle myself and have stockpiled
a couple of 6093's and most of the other ninja sets to use as my starting
foundation.  I've marvelled over your castle creations several times and
will most definitely be looking to them for inspiration when I finally
tackle my own castle.

The Himeji is a particularly great model because of the way you built it to
be taken apart and the interior viewed.  I really like creations that have
realistic and functional interiors to go along with great exteriors.

I'm glad to hear that you'll be bringing the Himeji castle to Brickfest.  I
look forward to checking it out in person.

Thanks for the early premiere.  I enjoyed it.

G.