 Castle / Ninja / 163
Re: Himeji Castle MOC (soon to be at Brickfest 2001)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.loc.jp
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 20:44:08 GMT

In lugnet.castle.ninja, Greg Perry writes:

The link is http://web.tampabay.rr.com/kkqwebpage/

KK - absolutely brilliant!  I stumbled across your pictures this afternoon
on Brickshelf while uploading some of my own and found them to be
entertaining and educational (as your work has been in the past).  I have a
simmering interest in tackling a Japanese castle myself and have stockpiled
a couple of 6093's and most of the other ninja sets to use as my starting
foundation.  I've marvelled over your castle creations several times and
will most definitely be looking to them for inspiration when I finally
tackle my own castle.

Thanks Greg.  I plumb forgot to mention that this particular Himeji Castle
MOC takes at least 4 FNFs (6093s) since it uses 40 ninja rock slopes.  I
like the double height rock slopes because it more realistically represents
the scale of the castle.  Also it uses a bunch of the red roof bricks,
mostly slopes 45s unlike Kumamoto-jo MOC which was a black hole for using
slope 33s (2 dacta red roof packs for that, only one for Himeji).
Finally, it is built on 4 green baseplates and excluding the yaguras, it
is 58 studs by 56 studs and stands 22.5 inches high to the tip of the
shachi (killer whale/dolphin eoof decoration)
Hope to see you at Brickfest.
KK