 Castle / Ninja / 161
160  |  162
Subject:
Himeji Castle MOC (soon to be at Brickfest 2001)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.loc.jp
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 18:25:50 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Decided to release Himeji Castle today instead the day before Brickfest
2001.  What can I say ?  It was always the castle that I wanted to build
with Lego but never could do it justice till now.  I am glad I took my
time (about 3 months and many rebuilds).  There will also be a special
announcement about Himeji at Brickfest - which I am sure some of you
can guess at.

This is probably my most complex roof work to date.  And the interiors were
fun as I got lots of ideas from a question on lugnet.  The half sections
were a challenge at times but allowed me to do a better job on interiors.

The link is http://web.tampabay.rr.com/kkqwebpage/

The Lego Himeji Castle MOC by KK Quah has:
- Two castle half-sections which join to form the full castle
- Realistic roof structures
- All floors accessible by stairwells or ladders thru trapdoors (red handles)
- Floors 2-6 are modular and can be removed as sections (see pics Mod1-4)
- Gun loops and slotted windows for archers
- Interior pillars (Himeji had the Great Eastern and Western pillars)
- Includes 2 parts of watari yagura (passage turrets) and sui-go-no-mon (5th
water gate)
- 6 full interior floors (Himeji had 7 floors including the basement)
- first floor include arsenal, well, and mess hall
- second floor is for defense with ring corridor and arsenal room.
- third floor is the administrative floor with clerical desks and food storage
- fourth floor is the daimyo’s sleeping quarters (note colorful futon),
dining area
- fifth floor is the treasury (lots of yen here !)
- sixth/top floor is the daimyo’s audience room complete with armor stand,
flag and sword stand (daisho)

Incidentally, until I saw "RAN" again, I did not realize Himeji-jo was First
Castle and Kumamoto-jo was Second Castle (done it) soooo ... all I have to
do is work on the Third Castle which is Nagoya Castle and I can say I
completed my "RAN Castle series".

I don't think this one is ever coming down.  LMKWYT.
KK