 Local / Italia / 9301
Re: Zwolle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.nl
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 22:17:37 GMT

In lugnet.loc.it, Pedro Silva writes:
#6 - Do you have any pictures of the drawbridges? How are they operated
(gears, pneumatic)? How does the track maintain conductibility?

There where no drawbridges. There was a swivel-bridge (rotating in a
horizontal plane) operated with a micro motor and gears. I haven't seen a
close-up picture of it. It did operate, but it wasn't strong enough to
overcome the friction of the bearings when it reached an almost closed
position. It needed a helping finger to begin opening and to finish closing.
The moving part had an extra train track lead attached to power this
section. One of the two gaps of this bridge was also a electrical seperation
between (one of) the main loop and the train yard, allowing independed
operations on both of them.

with friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.