 Local / Italia / 9060
9059  |  9061
Subject:
Zwolle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.it
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:36:53 GMT

Vi giro questa lettera di Manfred che mi sembra di interesse generale dato
che chiarisce l'organizzazione dell'evento.

Ciao
Mario

***********

Hello Mario,

As things are realy starting to happen now, here is an update for the
upcomming event in Zwolle.

The event:

- We have a definitive name for the event: "LEGO WORLD 2000"

-It's organized in cooperation with the "IJsselhallen" fair complex, "Lego
In-stores & events" and one of the dutch national commercial TV networks
"Fox Kids"

-Because of the TV network participation, there wil be a lot of media
attention and they also organise some stage preformances of pop-groups that
are popular amongst young kids at the event. The event takes place during a
local school vacation week, and all this together should bring lots of
people in to visit us.

-There will be an excusive collectors model for sale, especialy designed
for this event.

The train layout:

-The event takes place in at least 2 large exposition rooms. Together with
other activities of our local Lego users club the train layout will be in
another hall than the one where the artists preform.

- To prevent space restrictions (we only have a limited amount of tables
available) the train layout will be on the floor, not tables. This floor is
laid with carpet, of the kind that is ususal on sutch fairs and expo's.

-There wil be a sturdy and continuous 0,75 m high fence as separation
between the public and the train layout.

-Space is not a problem, we have at least 20 m x 4 m available, so hopefully
we're able to build a huge complex.

-Friday October 19th is avalable as "Build up"-day

Accomodation

- Despite the busy vacation period, I've been able to "secure" a few
reasonably priced 6-persons bungalows at 10 Km distance from the event
location. Based on full occupation and on arrival Friday October 19th and
leaving Tuesday October 23th the price will be circa 140,- Dutch Guilder per
person (for four nights) My currency converter www.oanda.com tells me that
at this date this equals 123010 Italian Lira (excusive bank rates)

- Avalable places will be issued on a "first come - first go" basis. A web
application form is still in the making, but for now I think it's wise to
confirm me as soon as possible with how many persons your group would like
to use this bungalow accomondation.

-The event location is in walking distance from the train station. Many of
us come by car, so there will be some car pooling possible from/to the
accomondation location. If you would prefer to travel independently between
event and accomondation locations, then the best advice is to hire a bike
for the 10 Km ride.

With Friendly greetings, Manfred Moolhuysen.