 Local / Italia / 3775
Re: Kids say the strangest things
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:25:51 GMT

Deidre Rushton Brumby <drb@tasmail.com> wrote:
Hi Marco, Mario and everyone else in Italy,

Yes I know the translations from babelfish aren't very good, sometimes
(as in this case) I can get a general "feel" for what you are talking • about,
other times the translation is just garbage.  I didn't think the post was
rude, I was joking when I said it wasn't polite to talk about someone
in another language, it rather caught my attention to see my name in the
middle of a post I couldn't otherwise read (without 3rd party help such
as Babelfish).

Don't worry Deidre, I got the gist of your post and didn't feel offended at
all.

Our "let's catch the Italians" threads have been in fun and
have not ever meant to be offensive, likewise I have taken no offence
from Mario's post or any other.

We as well have taken no offence, and I personally found this "war" funny
and revitalizing for our local ng.

Now, I'm waving the white flag in surrender (some of the other Aussie's
may not agree but I think we've definitely lost the battle)

We accept your surrender, but we'll keep an eye on you :-)

and look forward to seeing you all catch the UK :)

You will catch them very soon as well if you continue with the current trend
:)

Mario