 Local / Israel / 125
  Re: time to get what we want

(...) MECHES? AFAIK the import tax on toys is only 17% (I checked it when I started buying Lego on ebay) hardly enough to explain the 100-200% markup we're used to pay in Israel. (...) I suspect you are right :-( The chances are virtually zero, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) Yes, you were write, it was Kaufman until somewhere in the late 90's (I believe 97/98) but afterward (for some unknown peculiar reason) the import that Kaufman did stopped (some salesman from a little toy store told me) and that's why all the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) That's interesting, so in fact the importer actually did a good job (at least better than the situation now). because it's obvious the situation has been deteriorating over the past few years. Not so much in the price point of view (that was (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) I believe it's higher now then ever (...) true (...) correct me if I'm wrong but AFAIK, Amazon do not ship anything to Israel but books (but I might be wrong) (...) If you're looking for Mindstorms sets there not available though 'ROBOTEC' do (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) Awesome! I've heard such good things about NZ. I hope I get a chance to visit there one day. A friend of mine just got from Ireland and now I have an apetite for that, too! (...) Cool, take care and be safe. My sister just finished her studies (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il)