 Local / Deutschland / 153
  Shipping from Germany

Gutan Tag, I just won a Metroliner train in an auction from Germany. The gentleman selling it told me the shipping would be $38 US to ship it and $10 to cash the check. Could someone tell me if this is reasonable? It seems a bit much. What are my (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Shipping from Germany

(...) Hi Steve Shipping a Metroliner would be a parcel between 2 and 3kg. There are three ways to ship this to the US: Seaway US$23, allow 30 days for delivery Airmail Economy US$25, allow 2 weeks for delivery Airmail Premium US$38, allow 1-2 weeks (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping from Germany

The rates quoted are correct. I've been charged DM15 and DM23 for cashing checks (a little under and alittle over $10) recently. Shipping the Economy option is the best way to go, since it takes 2-3 weeks and is much cheaper than air. You could also (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping from Germany

Hi Alan, Your right, except that the banks charges you for handling the checks any way. I didnt know, but they do. At least they do it in Holland so Germany wont be much different. Cashing and using checks is an very expensive way of transferring (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping from Germany

The banks *are* able to apply lower charges if they want. When you are in a strong position against them you can get very good conditions. For my own int'l transaction I use the same bank the company that employes me as a manager uses. And they (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping from Germany

(...) Money yes. Time no. At least not elapsed time. :-) You will spend less time on the phone with or in line at banks, but your elapsed time will be longer because I'm SLOW. :-) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping from Germany

I'll vouch for Larry's services but don't expect speedy transactions , there are more important things in life than lego. Mark H. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shipping)