 Trains / 3468
Re: Shipping from Germany
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 13:27:31 GMT

Hi  Alan,

Your right, except that the banks charges you for handling the checks any way.
I didnt know, but they do. At least they do it in Holland so Germany wont be much
different.
Cashing and using checks is an very expensive way of transferring money from one
account to another. Were in Europe able to transfer money with an accountbook to
another account in Europe. Just by writing the right currency and the account number
and its done, sitting in an lazy chair at home.
But the banks charge you for every handling they do, using SWIFT codes seems fi
seems to be very expensive for an money transfer from the US to Europe because the
banks charge 30 - 40 $ for it, if they even ever heard of the method.
So sending money overseas is expensive anyway, but shipping money straight in an
envelop is the last cheap possibylitty. Only 2 % charge for transferring $ to
another currency.
Greetings and keep building

Nico