 Local / Canada / Quebec / 63
Re: Try again...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.qc
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:56:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.qc, Peter Guenther writes:
Interesting.  Is the base an octagon 10 studs on a side, so that four of the
sides can be locked down on the baseplate?  Or do you have another way of
holding it in place?

Yes, an octogon 10 studs on a side, that's right.  The tricky part is that
if you try to do it smaller or bigger, it just won't work when you'll try
assembling the roof stories on the octogon base.  Believe me, I tried lots
of sizes!  But I really like it this way.

I like the way you step it back at the top, kind of like the Hancock
building or any number of others, but there's something about those TIE
canopies that doesn't work for me--particularly when you've got two facing
each other in an inside corner.  Perhaps it just bugs me because they take
up too great a portion of the wall, and if it were bigger that would work
better.  Try building it twice the size and I'll tell you what I think, OK?
=)  Overall, I like the design.  It would look really good on Coruscant!

An interesting design.  It looks a bit like one of my next project, which
will be inspired by the Japanese pavillon (I think) at Expo 67 in Montreal.

I like your Rotule logo too.

Thanks!
Peter
Terry