 Local / Canada / Ontario / Toronto / 188
187  |  189
Subject:
Model Trains - Live steam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 01:45:32 GMT

G'Day
If you are going all across Canada, you should check out the Vancouver
Island Model Engineers at Heritage Acres Home of the Saanich Historical
Artifacts Society, just outside of Victoria BC. (whee what a mouth
(finger??) full).  They run 3 1/2, 4 3/4, 5 and 7 1/2 inch guages, many
intertwinned.
http://horizon.bc.ca/~shas/
http://www.daysinn-vic.com/~trainman/about.htm
On the other side of the country is a little place in PEI up near the north
end of the Island, but I can not find my link to it any more.  But I recall
them running 7 1/2" but that was (gulp) twenty years ago. ( I am not that
old am I ?).
Cheers
Oliver
FUT lugnet.off-topic.fun
"James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message
In lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, Oliver Giesen writes:
G'Day
Yes they did have track - straights, curves, switches and the crossing • piece
!!!
Cheers
Oliver

My wife is going to hate it...first we pick up a railway engine (3.5" • gauge,
3/4"/ft scale, weighs about 100 lbs...fills trunk), and then we go lego
shopping (again) on a cross Canada trip :)

Unfortunatly, I know that the track will not fit into the firebox for
transport...the firedoor is not big enough...besides, imagine forgetting • it in
there!

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/2049/Steampics/Y2K/GHLS1.html

The engine in the top photo, with my dad driving...

James