 Local / Canada / Ontario / Toronto / 178
Re: Lego Display at Scarbourgh Center
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 00:42:39 GMT

"James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message

Not a Chance.  It's the Toonerville Trolley, please.

?

The TTC called it the LRT when it was introduced (believe me, I • know...also,
if you don't trust me, look in "Not A one Horse Town"...I have that and
"Passengers must not ride on fenders").  Somewhere I have a transfer from • the
first morning of public operation.  Datestamped at 5:56 or so, AM, McCowan • (?)
station (the station past STC).

Stations go Kennedy, Lawerence East, Ellesmere, Midland, Scarborough Centre,
then McCowan. The yard is about 100 metres east of McCowan. I'm not sure
what you're saying - are you trying to say the Scarborough RT was originally
refered to as "LRT"?

--have they replaced the rockets on LRT then?- Finally? Cannot complain, • the
PCC's gave good service for 50 years then...

AFAIK, the harbourfront LRT never ran PCC's... because um, it opened in like
1991. That's not 50 years ago. :) To the best of my knowledge the
Harbourfront line, including the Union terminus and Queens Quay underground
station opened with CLRV's rather. I was wrong when I wrote ALRV before.

The toy store in STC _used_ to have a good selection of older lego.  IIRC, • in
about 1990, they still had yellow castles.  When I was back in 96, they • were
all gone.

The Town Centre is sketchy. I don't like filming the rt trains there. Makes
me fw.

    Iain