 Local / Canada / Ontario / Ottawa / 127
Re: score
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 03:50:20 GMT

Ya, I got outta hand on that one.

I was hoping that the seller would say "No...don't ship to Canada".  But he
replied that it was fine.

So like you said I had better enjoy the box.

Heading to the Outlet store myself.  Any requests from down here?

Jeff

In lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, Tim Strutt writes:
Whoa! That is quite the expensive purchase.
I hope you get some good stuff in there. I couldn't justify it to myself,
but that's just because I would be looking to spend that much on a single
4558 Metroliner train. <grin>
By the way, I noticed that auction said USA only. Did they agree to ship
all that way up here to the foreign country of Canada? <grin>
I hope we can get a meeting together soon. Maybe bring some MOC's this time.
Jude did the first time, but we all need to do a little show-and-tell.
I haven't had any real good scored lately. Although I was at the LEGO outlet
store in St. Jacob's (outside Waterloo) and picked up some straight track
and a LEGO keychain. It was a hard call, but I went with the LEGO brick
rather than the minifig. There was a wide selection of minifigs though.
Anyways, gotta get to bed. Tomorrow is my son's 1st birthday. Big day.
TTYL. Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)

In lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, Jeff Brundige writes:
I was not sure if you were still around for a while.  It was quite here for
some time.

That day I just had a good "word of mouth" sale and immediately following • that
I scored at Value Village.

I also had a great weekend.  I got 2162 Hydro Reef Wrecker for $5 and another
bag of loose stuff for $20.  There was some Mega Blocks in that stuff, but a
lot of Lego too.  So it was well worth it.  There was a couple of small trans
blue quarter octagons for a space station in it and was happy to get those.

There is so much to go through here right now.  I think my girlfriend is • going
to loose her patience soon.

To top that off...I think I really went overboard the other night.

http://cgi.ca.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=582977859

Do you think I really went overboard?

I really did not think I would win.  Then the panic set in...."What did I • just
do?".  So I hope there are a lot of goodies in there.

Have you had any success stories lately?

Any plans circulating on the next meeting?  I will be busy the next few
weekends, but the week is okay with me.  I would love to have people over, • but
the place is just too cramped right now.

Play well
Jeff