 Local / Canada / Ontario / 301
Re: Where do we go from here...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 03:07:56 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Allan Bedford wrote:

   Well, scale is not a problem at Hobby Show. It’s the ideal place to bring out the stuff that’s NOT regularly shown at rtlToronto, eg, single architectural models (ie, one building), mecha, airplanes, sculptures, etc.

I’m glad you noted this Calum!

There’s not only the fact that we have a fairly generous amount of space, but also that the models remain setup for three full days. So working on, then bringing and displaying, a large model is something to look forward to. I know that’s my goal this year. Of course, all those little models that fill space on the tables are also really important. The point being? That everyone and every skill level are welcome. It’s not a competition, just an opportunity to show off your stuff.

Yeah, there’s defintely an opportunity if you’re one of those folks who don’t feel you fit well into rtlToronto (or even alienated by rtlToronto :)

Paul Hynes had this amazing tank model there last year. Check out the rest:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-110504/

I know for a fact there are plenty of people who are in the GTA/Ontario area who don’t come out because they’re into something different, eg Space, Castle, sculpture, etc. Hobby Show is perfect for this and your involvement is minimal. You can come, drop off your model and disappear, or come out to dinner with the rest of us and hang out.

Calum