 Local / Canada / 94
Re: Be we Jammin' at the Convention?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 20:47:26 GMT

Grab your GUNS! <I *knew* they'd come in handy> The Canucks are invading
lugnet!!

-John "Minnesoodan, first line of defense" Neal

Oliver Giesen wrote:

G'Day
Count me in for Canada.  Toronto, Ontario area.
Cheers!
oliver

Martin Legault <mlegault@nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Heather Patey writes:
In lugnet.market.jambalaya, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I will know more later tonight but I am certain there will be several
boxes. I will post where each one goes first as it gets sent out.

I wouldn't mind seeing one (or more!) of those boxes move through • Canada, at
some point.  I'm sure there are several people that would be interested.

In the interests of keeping the costs down, I would suggest the box only
crosses into Canada once, since the tariff nazis tend (lately, at least) • to
be
nailing every package that comes in, which is $5.00 +7% of declared • value
every
time.

I would volunteer to be an entry point, except that it doesn't make a • whole
lot of sense logistically.   Someone in either Van/Vic, or in the • Maritimes
makes more sense, and then it can migrate across the country before • dropping
back down into the US.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

Hey, if there's going to be a Canadian detour I'd love to play!  I'm sure • I'm
the furthest east (Newfoundland), so I've no problem with being an entry • or
exit point.  I'm all by my lonesome at the moment, but I believe there's • a
certain train fella swinging into town in the near future.  James is • quite
right about the tariff, it can add up pretty quickly; and as well, • regional
Xpresspost is cheaper than national, so a linear path sounds best.  Any • other
Canadians signing up?

Heather Patey
St. John's, Newofundland, Canada
Pirate Wench / Brick Detective

Hi,

would like to participate in the northern detour of the box,

As for entry and exit point, regular small package mail would cost lot • less
then Xpresspost, would add a few day of travelling time I don't think that • it
really matter.

Martin