 Local / Canada / 80
79  |  81
Subject:
Lego Canada close at the end of the year. (from rtl)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 20:54:03 GMT

Found this interesting tidbit on rtl.  Don't know if it's true or not.  My
thoughts at the end.

----- Original Message -----
From: ANDRE POTVIN <potvin.a@videotron.ca>
Newsgroups: rec.toys.lego
Sent: Friday, June 18, 1999 1:34 PM
Subject: Lego Canada close at the end of the year.

Hi,

Following a conversation with somebody from Lego Canada, they will be
closed at the end of the year and everything will be transfer to Lego USA.

Next year, here in Canada, we will have all models available in USA.  Lego
USA will serve all the North America.  A result of the restructuration for
Lego.

Is it a bad or a good news?

BTW, I am interested to know all members from Canada.  Can you leave me a
message with your coordinates?

Thank`s everybody
Good day
Andre Potvin

I like Lego Canada, but for years I've been harping that the US S@H offers
many sets that are not available here.  But I now realize that it's a two
way street in that there are ones available in Canada that are out of stock
south.

My big fear is _duty_.  I bought a Dacta vehicle set from Kaplan.  The set
was about $60CDN and I was hit with $15 for duty and processing.

Tony