 Local / Canada / 1858
  Re: Canada shop.lego.com now in Canuck-bucks

(...) Well, having the prices in US currency was great when the Canadian dollar was strong. :) I think it's levelled off a bit now. Another bonus from shopping at S@H is that we don't hafta pay a provincial sales tax (7.5% here in BC). But thanks (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Canada shop.lego.com now in Canuck-bucks

(...) Uh yes you do. S@H applies the taxes right on your invoice (PST+GST or HST as appropriate). You can't escape that. If S@H didn't charge taxes at the origin then Canada Customs would charge it at the border, plus add a $5 service fee. The (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Canada shop.lego.com now in Canuck-bucks

(...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Canada shop.lego.com now in Canuck-bucks

(...) Are you sure about that? I just looked at an invoice from May and I only got charged 7% GST. Apart from shipping, there was no other amount added to my invoice... -Bryan (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Canada shop.lego.com now in Canuck-bucks

(...) Are you in Ontario or the Atlantic provinces? People outside those provinces only get charged 7% GST. Anyone willing to take Lego shipments and re-ship them to Ontario for a small premium? Or is there any places eg. Mailboxes etc. that will do (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Canada shop.lego.com now in Canuck-bucks

(...) Ahh, I'm in BC so that's probably why I only have the 7% GST. (...) Honestly, I don't think it's worth the effort because the cost of shipping from BC (for example) to Ontario might be equal to or more than the price you get charged for PST. (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Canada shop.lego.com now in Canuck-bucks

(...) If that is true, then there is something seriously messed up. Since LEGO is not made in Canada, all provinces should have to pay full taxes as if it were bought in their home province. I can't think of any reason why some provinces would have (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Canada shop.lego.com now in Canuck-bucks

(...) Sorry, replying to myself again... According to the Customs Notices on the Canada Border website, all provinces should be charging GST+PST, or HST, for all imported toys. That includes B.C., by the way. ;] None of the provinces have an (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)