 Local / Canada / 1630
Re: 40th Anniversary of LEGO in Canada?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 19:52:35 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Gail Meagher writes:
Allan Bedford wrote:

I was wondering if anyone else was wondering this....

Since 1998 brought us the 35th anniversary buckets and tubs here in Canada I
was thinking that 2003 must then be the 40th anniversary of LEGO in Canada.
<snip>

I think you are missing something big here.  We didn't have 35th
anniversary buckets in Canada because it was the 35th anniversary of
LEGO being sold in Canada, we had repackaged (different outer bucket, no
silver 2 x 4 brick) buckets from the 25th anniversary of LEGO USA (1).
I doubt they will have special buckets and tubs for the US 30th.

If that's the case, then you're likely correct.  No need to celebrate 30 years.

It just seemed odd to me that we got the "35th" buckets and then this year
there was just nothing.

So... was LEGO in Canada in 1963 then?  It was my impression that it was.
Actually, it was my impression it was available in Canada before being fully
available in the U.S.  Maybe this is just an incorrect belief based on bad
information or misinterpretation.

The biggest anniversary that should have been celebrated in my opinion
was the 10th anniversary of AFOLs communicating via newsgroups.
Alt.toys.lego showed up on my newsserver just over 10 years ago!

Who knows, maybe some day there will be a 10th anniversary LUGNET bucket.  :)

Regards,
Allan B.