 Local / Canada / 1629
Re: 40th Anniversary of LEGO in Canada?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 19:09:19 GMT

Allan Bedford wrote:

I was wondering if anyone else was wondering this....

Since 1998 brought us the 35th anniversary buckets and tubs here in Canada I
was thinking that 2003 must then be the 40th anniversary of LEGO in Canada.
<snip>

I think you are missing something big here.  We didn't have 35th
anniversary buckets in Canada because it was the 35th anniversary of
LEGO being sold in Canada, we had repackaged (different outer bucket, no
silver 2 x 4 brick) buckets from the 25th anniversary of LEGO USA (1).
I doubt they will have special buckets and tubs for the US 30th.

The biggest anniversary that should have been celebrated in my opinion
was the 10th anniversary of AFOLs communicating via newsgroups.
Alt.toys.lego showed up on my newsserver just over 10 years ago!

All the best,
Allan B.

Gail Meagher

(1) My opinion only, no information from LEGO.