 General / 41320
41319  |  41321
Subject:
40th Anniversary of LEGO in Canada?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 16:41:08 GMT

I was wondering if anyone else was wondering this....

Since 1998 brought us the 35th anniversary buckets and tubs here in Canada I
was thinking that 2003 must then be the 40th anniversary of LEGO in Canada.

However, I suspect that since we haven't heard anything yet, there may be no
product released to help celebrate this event.  So that got me kind of
depressed, wondering if these type of special releases are a thing of the
past.  I credit the reasonably priced and high part content anniversary tubs
and buckets as part of the reason I was able to easily get back into the
hobby as an adult.  From the beginning it was my intention to rebuild a
collection from scratch, segregating my childhood bricks from newly
purchases ones.  Without the 1200 and 600 piece assortments, this would have
taken much longer than it did that year.

I'm wondering why such an anniversary was missed.  Is it that there aren't
really any LEGO Canada employees to remind the company?  Is it that focus is
being put on other product lines?  Do we have to wait for the 45th
anniversary?  Or... worse yet... the 50th?

Anyone else wondering, hoping, wishing that this special event was marked in
some way?

Regardless.... Happy Anniversary LEGO!

All the best,
Allan B.