 Local / Australia / South Australia / Adelaide / 31
Re: Lego show coming to Adelaide!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:34:14 GMT

So how about it, Adelugs? Do we organise a time and date to visit the show
(and meet each other) or not?

Do it, AdeLUGs! We started out in Brisbane by getting a few people together
for the Lego show, and now our meetings (held every month or two) are going
from strength to strength in terms of numbers and enthusiasm.

The only word of warning I offer you is that shopping with AFOLs can be
expensive. Unlike your non-Lego family and friends, AFOLs will not try to
talk you out of any Lego purchase! Indeed, they will probably egg you on. I
definitely recall a bit of a buying frenzy all round when we hit the
Powerhouse Museum Lego shop in Sydney in February. Indeed, the larger the
group, the larger the risk. For every item on the shelf, there will be
someone in a large group who will tell you what a must-have set it is! :-)

Kerry