 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 64
Re: Yesterday LegOz 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 02:12:35 GMT

I'll add my "two big thumbs up" to the list, I had heaps of fun. A pity I
couldn't get my act together and get there earlier (work - gotta love it) and
have anything other than trade LEGO to offer. I promise next time I'll be
better organised. Nothing over 5 feet at this stage, though!! ;-)

It was fantastic meeting the guys in person, puting a face to the names. I
highly recommend attending the next one to anyone who is remotely interested
who lives nearby (that includes you, Rachel. Canberra isn't that far away, and
if we meet at Richard's place, it's even closer). It's just great to be able
to talk LEGO with other AFOL's. We had a number of Joe Public visitors as
well, just checking out the LEGO models and wondering what we were all up to.

Can't wait for the next one, and the Coke is on me! (Cola, that is)

Pete Callaway

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Richard Parsons writes:
James Howse wrote in message ...
Well. I finally get to my computer after yesterday, the first meeting of
whatever we decide to call ourselves who live in Sydney and • collect/build/play
with lego.

Indeed! A good day had by all, and we'll be doing it again.  James forgot to
mention that he brought along some technic stuff (I never realised how
clever that big green truck was) and a locomotive of truly international
standard.  I hope to get some pics up by next weekend.  James also organised
a demo of Ldraw for the uninitiated - definitely looks like that's worthy of
further investigation.

The trading thing, not something I've done before, worked out well (thanks
PeterC). I wouldn't be even a little bit surprised if the railway came to
Port Block in the next few months.  It could come tomorrow, except that
seeing James' locomotive has made me ashamed of my little (basically
original 171) engine :-)

Top marks to James for getting the day together.

I will organise the next get together, for 12(ish) till 6(ish, we finished
at about 7.30 yesterday), on Sunday 2 April.  Put it in your diary now.

HELLO? Put it in your diary NOW ;-)

On the subject of naming whatever we decide to call ourselves who live in
Sydney and collect/build/play
with Lego, may I reinforce my suggestion of Studs.  I don't feel a great
deal of stress over assigning meaning to the letters - just Studs seems fine
to me. Having met me, you would all appreciate that I am personally
particularly un-stud-ly in appearance, however, the name is quite arresting,
no? And obviously relevant to the Brick, what?  And no, I don't think it
excludes the girls - Rachel?

On the 2000 Lego hunt, beyond PeterW's finding arctic and town at a toyshop
in Mona Vale, we discovered that there was nothing at Macquarie Centre (GB,
Target and Big W) but lo, there are arctic, tons of castle, and some of the
town at Toyworld Bowral.  The 12th century (?) English soldiers are
extremely cool, and the faces are great.  If there is specific set for you
are desperate, email me.

regards

Richard
Still baldly going...