 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 295
Re: Shares in a soccer field?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 06:11:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Richard Parsons writes:
On the subject of soccer sets, I have no plans to buy a whole (decent sized)
soccer field, since a wide green field is going to be a tad out of place at
Port Block (now if they bring out a tan field...  ;-).

But I wouldn't mind playing a game or two, and am sure Port Block could
field a team.

Is there any interest in (maybe the Studs gang) going shares in a field,
that could go from LegOz to LegOz, and spend the interim at someone's place,
on some sort of rota?

Maybe you all plan to setup your own stadiums?

I'm in a similar position to Richard -- keen on the idea (and a fully set-up
stadium), but not up for the whole shebang. I also think the idea of jointly
owned sets is good for Studs.

I think a full setup would be:
2x  3409 (2 whole fields)
2x  3408 (main entrance, which looks like it could be heavily modified)
?2x 3403 (Grandstand with scoreboard)
?6x 3402 (Stadium seating with lights)
plus team buses/rowboats/speeders to suit

Of course we could add on a large screen scoreboard for action replays,
security like in the World cup promo set (set 3314), more TV crew (at last, a
use for Adventurers cameras), many more spectators etc.

Another idea would be to buy sets that will complement whatever Pete or David
have by LegOz.5, which we can then hang on to when/if we buy fields of our
very own.

--Dave L