 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 29
Re: Not much seems to happen in here.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 22:53:08 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Peter Callaway writes:

Are you talking about a general open-to-everyone meeting, or an OZAFOL's only
meeting (closed door, nudge-nudge wink-wink) kind of thing?

Not sure. Probably cause there'll be only 5-10 of us a small gathering showing
off and playing with train/technic/pirate/castle.

we could show off our latest creations
the Chrissy pressie thing sounds good (boxes only, as most of mine will be •      immediately thrown into other MOC's)
perhaps a hook-up to LUGNET to keep up-to-date with the latest postings, and
        to discuss our favourite newsgroups, sets (from pause), building ideas
        (from other websites).
I'd come armed with a couple of MOC's (I'm a space/Star Wars/technic fan)
boxes of recent purchases (or a list of sets)
any sets or parts I was interested in trading or selling
instructions or pics of models/MOC's
a camera with tons of film to take heaps of pics.
We could also trade shopping and auction experiences.

Still very embryonic, but we've got time to develop it. Someone should be
designated organiser (preferably the person "hosting" the venue), but we all
contribute to the agenda. Hey, it'd be great to meet you guys anyway,
regardless of what we get up to. We could even establish OZLUG, or SydLUG, or
NSWLUG. It's about time we all got more active here - can't let those yanks
have all the fun ;)

I'll stick my hand up, I've got the time (I'm a uni student!), I have 24/7
connection and if we have it here (at college) there's lots of room.(plus the
aforementioned connection). Although I'll only do it if everyone is happy to
let me have the job.

As for (insertnamehere)LUG we'll see whether we need to go formal or whatever.

James.