 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 109
Re: Lego Shows and all that
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 02:42:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Peter Callaway writes:

Further to James's information, an enquiry call to LA this morning (to get
replacement parts for my 7171 and 7161!!! No printing on Anakin's podracer
doors and Obi-Wan's face was missing!!!) yeilded a bit more information.

That's probably why they were on clearance.

Confirmed the GB's Viking show over the Easter School Holidays, so keep it
free for a group venture!!!! Kids welcome so we don't all look like total
freaks (but who cares?!?!?)

There is a Pirates travelling show (hear that Richard, Pirates!!!) currently
at Penrith Plaza until April 30, then it moves to Macarthur and then
Bankstown, finishing mid June. Another group venture perhaps??? Apparently it
is split between Big W and Target, can PeterW confirm??

I will check Penrith Plaza this afternoon.

So start checking your diaries and freeing up a day on a weekend (or we could
all chuck sickies ;-) for a LegOz 2000.2v1 get together.

Count me in, let's get a date organised.

Well, for Penrith Plaza, how about this Saturday sometime, as it's on now!!
Morning would probably be better as it frees up the afternoon. We could scope
out the displays, buy more LEGO, loiter and generally make a nuisance of
ourselves in the usual way. We could meet outside one of the stores at say
10am?

For the GB's show, School Holidays are in a week and a half (I think), so how
about one day over the Easter holiday weekend (unless people are going away).
I know the shops will be crowded, but that's all I've got free, unless we do a
late night Thursday event, which is probably not too good for the non-Syd
people. Meeting at the top of the escalators on the appropriate level at GB's
sounds like the go.

What does everyone else think?

Pete Callaway