 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 106
Re: Lego Shows and all that
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 01:03:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Peter Callaway writes:
In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, James Howse writes:
As supposed Grace Brothers knows more than the front office at L.A. The show
is on the 14th to the 30th on lvl 5 (Books, toys & music). The person there
does not know what's in the show but that it might take up 'lots of space'.
This is encouraging.

Lego Australia has a pleasant but vague assistant manning the front desk /
phones who was unable to give me any solid info. I come away with this
fragment. 7-26th Vikings Bankstown. I couldn't get where in Bankstown, sigh.

Confirmed the GB's Viking show over the Easter School Holidays, so keep it
free for a group venture!!!! Kids welcome so we don't all look like total
freaks (but who cares?!?!?)

There is a Pirates travelling show (hear that Richard, Pirates!!!) currently
at Penrith Plaza until April 30, then it moves to Macarthur and then
Bankstown, finishing mid June. Another group venture perhaps??? Apparently it
is split between Big W and Target, can PeterW confirm??

Just a little bit of extra news: GBs Chatswood has a 60cm long model of an
X-wing (not the 7191 unfortunately) for a "guess the number of pieces"
competition. Not much of a display up around it -- I'll see if they've tidied
things up later today.

When would be a good date for a Studs/Slugs excursion to Valhalla?

-- Dave