 Local / Australia / 9665
Re: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 01:43:20 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Larry Pieniazek writes:
[snip]

(11a?). (do not) Post offers or announcements of items for sale, offers to
buy, wanted notices, offers to obtain for others, or other market or
commerce related material to groups outside the market hierarchy, unless the
group explicitly allows such offers (for example, at the time of this
writing, lugnet.loc.au and possibly some other groups in the loc hierarchy
do allow such postings).

.loc.au has been tolerant of such posts (i.e. the natives don't complain).
However, such posts are definitely not techically allowed. This was
confirmed in July (see http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=9361 ) and as
recently as http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=9656 .

I, for one, think it would be good to allow such posts in .loc.au (I don't
think the traffic in .org.au really justifies seperate groups), providing
there were 'reasonable usage' provisions, possibly including limiting posts
to those from Australians (or Australasians) and LEGO Direct.

Cheers

Richie Dulin