 Local / Australia / 9080
Re: K3451 Famous Planes Kit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 02:35:27 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Martin Scragg writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, David Stonestreet writes:
Whats the individual postage likely to be on one of these sets if you
get a decent sized order?

With the number of people who are ordering at the moment, and the amount
ordered, I think it would be in the $5 - $10 range to get it into Australia,
then whatever the postage to Sydney from Melbourne is.

Martin

Buy these sets!

I built the Sopwith Camel in the early hours of Thursday morning, and can
report that is a fantastic set, with lots of great (and unexpected) pieces.

Lots of dark grey, and plenty of tan as well. A pity about the stickers....
I plan to rebuild the tail to simulate the red-white-blue marking on the
stickers (no stickers are going on my LEGO!).

The wing plates, large 6x16(ish)tiles with studs around three sides will be
the hardest to find other uses for. Roofing is the obvious one, and they may
even be useful for SNOT hulls, but that's a bit more doubtfull. 6x16 plates
instead would have made the set perfect (provided you didn't *need* stickers
on the wings!)

If the triplane is half the model the 'Camel is, it will be great as well.

Did I mention you should buy these sets?

Cheers

Richie