 Local / Australia / 8662
Re: Queen's Birthday long weekend- National meet proposal.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 06:40:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
Last year in June a gang of mad Welsh visited(invaded) Melbourne and
participated in  meeting hand-wavingly called "The interstate fest"
It's coming up to June again...

As suggested in
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=8064
There's talk of having the meet in Brisbane in June. Since the Sydney train
show died there's no longer a clash.

We have a Train show but it's not till May...

Interested people should wave their hands around (and reply) to help gauge
the interest level.

The Sydney crew are thinking of hiring a Tarago (or similar), driving up
together Sat, festing Sun and back Mon. Anyone interested in joining in from
Sydney should give me (or Pete, Kev or Richard) a bell and we'll keep you in
the loop.

Are the Brisbanites still keen?

I did write that message... and at the time my house being built was on the
go... still is but, they haven't even started yet :(... but still I do live
in a dwelling... and there is still room for people as long as they bring
their own bedding stuff...  I doubt my house would be ready in June... prob
not till July... maybe August :(.... or whenever they can be bothered ;) -
like I said... there's always the back yard ;)

But still... I think a few things can be sorted out.  We could always
arrange this at someone's house or make it a bit more official and hire
somewhere local, then go out to dinner or something???...  If anyone is
really interested, let us know so we can really start organising this stuff now.

James (who wonders if next year's interstate will be in Tasmanina!)

Hahaha, sounds interesting ;)

Mel