 Local / Australia / 8656
8655  |  8657
Subject:
Queen's Birthday long weekend- National meet proposal.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 03:32:29 GMT

Last year in June a gang of mad Welsh visited(invaded) Melbourne and
participated in  meeting hand-wavingly called "The interstate fest"
It's coming up to June again...

As suggested in
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=8064
There's talk of having the meet in Brisbane in June. Since the Sydney train
show died there's no longer a clash.

Interested people should wave their hands around (and reply) to help gauge
the interest level.

The Sydney crew are thinking of hiring a Tarago (or similar), driving up
together Sat, festing Sun and back Mon. Anyone interested in joining in from
Sydney should give me (or Pete, Kev or Richard) a bell and we'll keep you in
the loop.

Are the Brisbanites still keen?

James (who wonders if next year's interstate will be in Tasmanina!)