 Local / Australia / 866
Re: We should draft an "official" letter to Lego Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 04:12:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Ben Whytcross writes:

<snippo>

Maybe this?

Dear Lego Australia

This letter is to *inform you of [notify you about] a group of enthusiasts
forming a Lego club known as LegOz. We have come together *through [by means
of] an Internet discussion forum *hosted at [called] Lugnet (available at
http://www.lugnet.com/loc/au/ ). *In this forum we discuss favorite themes,
sets from the current range and our own creations; essentially, everything
Lego.

*Currently LegOz comprises {how ever many of us put their names to this
letter}, from all over Australia. *Most of us still have our Lego from our
childhood collection {can someone think of a better phrase?}, and many of us
are raising a new generation in a house full of bricks. *Many members of LegOz
have large personal collections, the inevitable result of enthusiasm for Lego
and an adult income.

*Many of us aim for completeness in themes (such as x or y {insert themes
which had limited release in Australia}), and will purchase sets locally and
on the international market.

*We keep a close eye on product release dates, store discounts, and
developments overseas, such as the proposed LegoDirect in the United States.

We have *held [hosted] events and meetings to express our interests in Lego
(some publicly), *and we expect to continue to do so. LegOz would like to know
how you feel about *our [such a] group and if you support such initiatives.
*We would also be keen to participate in your promotions, such as building
events and {the truck show -- does it have a formal name?}, on a volunteer
basis (or we could always be paid in bricks!).

{PeteW, how's it looking with TRU (or was it W4K?) Penrith? Would they be
willing to break open a few sets for us to demonstrate with?}

We hope to have future dealings and discussions directly with our local Lego
*distributor [authority], *Lego Australia [yourselves].

regards,
LegOz
{names, email addresses, world club numbers (if members)}

How does that sound Ben/everyone?

-- Dave