 Local / Australia / 852
851  |  853
Subject:
Should we Draft an "official" letter to Lego Aust. ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 01:13:35 GMT

Another point for discussion (its a long one to read):

Now that there seems to be fair sizeable number of people and ideas floating
around loc.au, how does the idea of writing to Lego Australia sound?

What I was thinking was just an official letter byways to notify LA about our
existence, that is the LegOz existence. And to also inform them about how we
came about though the Lugnet.

What else we could let them know is that we have had and will continue to have
meetings/events that deal with Lego, a number of which may be public events.

We could ask how LA feels about this and whether they'd be willing to support
such events.

We could also let them know that we use Lugnet as a forum for
discussions/grievences/comments about Lego and its availability. The idea here
is not to let them know specifically about any of these comments but to point
out to them where these are in case they'd like to go searching for them.
Maybe once they are aware of us and Lugnet, and if they give us support then
we can start hitting them with out grievences and comments.

I'm proposing this approach as it's rather a way of slowly approaching and
asing for support and building a healthy relationship with them, rather than
hammering them immediately.

To explain what I'm saying follow this as a simplified version:

Dear Lego Australia
This letter is to notify you about a group of enthusiasts forming a Lego club
known as LegOz. We have come together by means of an Interent discussion forum
called Lugnet available at http://www.lugnet.com
We have hosted events and meetings to express our interests in Lego (some
publically). We would like to know how you feel about such a group and if you
support such initiatives.

We hope to have future dealings and discussions directly with the Local Lego
authority, yourselves <blah blah blah blah>

LegOz..

So how do people feel about this.