 Local / Australia / 861
Re: Toyworld specials (in Brisbane at least) - a review of the Sith Infiltrator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 03:42:28 GMT

7151 Sith Infiltrators at $39 (down from $89)

Having bought one, here's my review. First take a look at it:

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=7151

The Sith Infiltrator is not the most exciting piece in the Star Wars
collection. It's medium in size and is somewhat unexciting in its colours
(two tone grey with blue and black accents) although it actually looks a bit
more interesting in real life than it does on the box cover.

The long nose cone is just a long nose cone with a storage area for a light
sabre and some gear sticks (shown as flying objects on the right hand side
of the box picture -- I can't figure out their purpose). The wings are very
similar in design to the 7150 TIE fighter (same special pieces and
techniques are used). There is a rear hatch which opens and out zips Darth
Maul (the guy with the bad rash on his face) on a little space scooter.

The instructions are only for the model shown on the box, but, like the
other Star Wars, there is a cartoon which introduces alternative models
without giving specific instructions. Personally, I like this way of
providing ideas without spoonfeeding you. Some of the alternative models
actually look more interesting than the Sith Infiltrator.

At $39, I felt OK about having bought it, but frankly its future is spare
parts; I can't see myself building the Sith Infiltrator a second time.
Although I paid more for them, I felt I got better value for money with the
7161 Gungan sub and the 7150 Tie fighter & Y-wing fighter. I found both of
these more fun to build and more interesting to show off.

Kerry

Dr Kerry Raymond, Distinguished Research Fellow           kerry@dstc.edu.au
CRC for Enterprise Distributed Systems Technology       Ph: +61 7 3365 4310
University of Queensland 4072 Australia                Fax: +61 7 3365 4311