 Local / Australia / 8274
Re: Bionicle Bohrok (and Va) are we getting them here soon?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:00:30 GMT

Apart from marrying into the LA clan or cultivating a Danish accent, we • may
need an undercover operative to romance a 'Variety' manager and report • back.
These may be easier than lurking in the refrigerated meats section every
evening hoping to get lucky.
But don't you really enjoying lurking in the supermarket aisles?

It's marketing decisions like this that must really annoy the completists
out there or children of non-W supermarket shopping parents must really • wonder
about sets like the TURAGA that are in the LEGO cattledogs and where they
are to be found at retail.
The 'chrome' castle sets would have sold huge numbers if sold normally.
This was my main reason for asking.  Since these sets have hit other parts
of the world, and we have just got the new SW and HP sets, these must be
just around the corner, and I won't be very happy if I miss out due to some
stupid marketing decision to make them W/S store specials that only last few
days, and don't appear in all stores.  I already have a friend who keeps
pestering me to order him a set of Turaga from S@H, because he didn't go to
the supermarket during the few days they were available.

Wake up LEGO, if you want the sell them as supermarket specials, then at
least make them take enough to last a reasonable period, or make them
available in other stores after the promotion has ended.

pete.w (thinking about what to cook tonight for dinner)
Go Lurk in your nearest W store and report back on your findings, dinner or
otherwise, you know you want too!

Martin