 Local / Australia / 8074
8073  |  8075
Subject:
Lego World Show - Indooroopilly
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 09:46:00 GMT

Well.. went along and it was up and roaring, I bet no-one even showed up for
that special preview event.  But, it wasn't bad at all, they had a large
display of shootem ups (light gun?), Western style.  A large statue of Darth
Vader, a bunch of soccer sets that you can play (on tables).  Display
cabinets of various Lego themes, Castle, Star Wars etc, a large display of
Bionicles with each in a case and a theme (you could also build your own).
A stand of older Lego which you could peg onto the board (most people wrote
their names in Lego).  A couple of kiddy areas where they could build.  A
store where you could buy Lego for 20% off (Myer).

A city with a park and a pond and various other things.   Technic robots
climbing and some other thing in a case you could move around.  A large
Music display where the characters played music when you stood on the floor
mat.  Near the city and park they also had a build area where you built as
much as you could before the earthquake hits? haha, They also had a few
displays of other various themes too.  I'm sure I've forgotten something
else... but I think that covers most of it.

At the time I were there, there was loads of people, everyone of all ages
were interested.  Up at the service desk on level three, they had Large Lego
bricks hanging from the stand, rather cool, but they wouldn't give me one
hahaha.

Mel