 Local / Australia / 8007
Re: My ISCC entry [or a partial history of Brictoria]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 12:38:23 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
http://www.ozbricks.com/brictoria/index.htm

Could you let me know what you think, and what areas of research may still
be needed, and I'll see what I can do. [The Brictorian Defnce forces will
soon be putting up some info (at least the Army will, I'm not sure about the
other 3 branches.)]

BTW, I plan on adding to it in the coming months...as soon as I find some
more blue baseplates. (Ross, you wouldn't know where the Victorian
toy-stores supplies went, would you?]

I like it fine - always good to have a new port of call for the Port Block
Squadron.  Any thoughts as to the kind of maritime traffic one might find
nearby - where are we geographically, are we on the ocean, in a bay, on a
river..?

I'm currently looking at the maritime records for the colony...I'll get back
to you when I can find out more. [though if there are any records in Port
Block of shipping to/from Brictoria, they could come in handy.]

As to situation...The town is situated in a bay, with a river entering
nearby. I'll try and get some information to you soon.

And how many sea baseplates do you seek?  I might be able to help out.

WELL...I had had plans to extend the berthing facilities along past the old
admiralty building, as well as having the barracks fronting onto the bay
with its own docks, but I'm still undecided about how far I can extend
without running out of parts. As it is, the alley between the chandlers
store and the tobaconists is seperable, using 2 1x2 technic bricks on each
side and 2 pins to hold it together...along with the dock support and
bollard right over the join. I'm also not sure how far Mandy allow me to go
with it before I have to clear the table off.

:-)

Richard
Still baldly going...

Benjamin Whytcross