 Local / Australia / 800
799  |  801
Subject:
Mindstorms Ultimate Accessory Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 06:24:13 GMT

My Mindstorms Ultimate Accessory Set arrived last night.

It contains:

* remote controller, which should enable me to embed my RCX deep into my
model, or alternatively, save me from leaping up all the time to press the
Run button all the time (couch potato robotics)

* rotation sensor, which should enable me to measure the turning of an axle
and hence provide finer control over movement

* another touch sensor, the basic set comes with 2 and more are useful

* a lamp, for which I have no particular immediate plans but I guess I'll
think of something

* assorted Lego technics bits, including 2 mystery items - yellow piece with
two blobs on it:

http://www.legomindstorms.com/products/images/uas/parts.jpg

Anyone want to hazard a guess what they are for?

So far, all I've done is open the box. I will report back when I've had a
chance to have a play.

Kerry

Dr Kerry Raymond, Distinguished Research Fellow           kerry@dstc.edu.au
CRC for Enterprise Distributed Systems Technology       Ph: +61 7 3365 4310
University of Queensland 4072 Australia                Fax: +61 7 3365 4311