 Local / Australia / 8
Re: Mumble, mumble, Lego reps and shopping experiences
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 00:54:07 GMT

Howdy,

Well without causing too much trouble i hope, i say that once you've
been into one toy's r us, you've been to them all. Prices are the same,
range is the same (although one might be better stocked in quantity than
another).

The one i frequent most often is the Westfield Parramatta store, i've
been lucky twice, they had the Cowboy fort for $80 in a sale bin  and
the other time was picking up boxes of rails for $15 each.

Off the top of my head, the stores that i've seen Lego in are

Big W
Kmart
Target
Toys R Us
Grace Brothers
Hobbyco (and also the toy store across from it..but very $$$$)
(The now defunct) World For Kids...damn i had shareholder discount
there...

Im sure that list can be doubled..tripled..whatever..but these are the
stores that i assume are the prime retailers for Lego in Australia. As
for discounts, there'll surely be some pre Christmas, and then maybe
some clearence stuff post Christmas.

Im stating the obvious yes..but its the best i can come up with for
now.

Moz (Chris Moseley) wrote:

Hi all,

It would be useful to me at least for some Sydneysider to indicate
where the better Lego shopping is. I mean, Toys'r'Us by Moore Park
is the best I've seen, and that was not very good compared to
Wellington (NZ) where I lived last year. Is there anywhere that
has a decent selection, ideally some older stock, and better still
cheapish prices?

Perhaps we could compare specials when we see them, because I buy
Technic so it's no harm to me if I see something I can't buy to point
it out to you people.

And yes, if there's something reasonable I will buy several. I
have a big pile of various sets that are excellent value and
went on sale for 20%-50% off at one stage.

Other comment is that yes, in some circumstances Lego will do a
"special order" of exactly what you ant. Depending on size it
may need management approval, but that's usually forthcoming.
And their max order is about $5000 AUS as far as I can gather,
unless you're doing a very special big project. They don't like
buying for resale, though.

Moz